UQ: Impacting Global Initiatives
UQ’s impact within the global community is extensive. Through strategic partnerships with like-minded individuals and organizations, UQ is changing the world for the better. Our goal is to foster collaborative efforts to solve world challenges through learning, discovery, and engagement.
UQ Learning Highlights
- UQ has alliances with 373 institutional partners in 48 countries, 60 of which are in North America.
- Nearly one in four students at UQ is an international student.
- UQ offers an international curriculum and a diverse range of student experiences – such as study abroad and exchange – to shape future global leaders.
UQ Discovery Highlights
- UQ has strategic research partnerships with international universities and research institutions.
- Formalized research mobility and joint PhD programs help create internationally-aware and globally-networked students.
- Teaching professionals include top researchers from around the world.
- International students comprise 36 percent of all UQ research students.
UQ Engagement Highlights
- UQ has over 200,000 alumni in 160 countries, and 17 percent of UQ’s alumni community resides overseas.
- Strong alumni networks exist in Australia, Asia, Europe and North America.
Through our Global Leadership Series, UQ brings together staff, students and alumni with great minds on today’s global matters.
Highlights of global impact initiatives:
- Global Change Institute
- UQ Energy Initiative
- UQ Water Initiative
- Queensland Alliance for Agriculture & Food Innovation
“I wanted to earn my Masters in a multicultural setting (outside of the United States or Europe), with students and faculty from across the globe. I became aware of UQ’s International Relations program through the Rotary World Peace Fellow’s Centre. I couldn’t be happier with the diversity of my program and the high calibre of faculty and students.”
Sylvia Frain – Master of International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, USA