The UQ North America office has a significant role to play in the enhancement and expansion of the University’s profile in North America through successfully interlinking research and academic partnerships, alumni and community engagement, and philanthropy. Established in 2011, the UQ North America office is located two blocks from the White House in Washington, DC.
A partnership between the International Portfolio and the Advancement Office, The University of Queensland’s North America strategy aligns with key aspirations outlined in the University’s Strategic Plan. The office is focused on the following objectives:
- Building closer links with industry, institutional partners, government and constituent communities in North America
- Increasing engagement with constituent communities in North America through networking, volunteering and giving opportunities
- Strengthening and support the operation of the University of Queensland in America, Inc. Foundation
- Growing and diversifying income streams from North America through philanthropy, government, foundations and industry investment
- Increasing UQ’s brand awareness and capabilities in North America
The UQ North America team can provide strategic advice and assistance to UQ staff and academics who wish to broaden or deepen their engagement in North America. The office can assist with the following:
- Organizing meetings and/or visits with key institutions, foundations, corporations and government agencies in the USA and Canada
- Provide advice and intelligence on UQ’s strategic priorities and partners in North America
- Identify strategic areas of funding, and assist with submitting proposals to US funding organizations on behalf of faculty and staff
- Support student and faculty mobility by providing information on funding and mobility schemes
- Promote UQ faculty, school and institute activities to a key audience of alumni, friends and partners in North America through online media channels
- Provide logistical support and coordination for executive missions to the USA and Canada
Learn more about the services provided by the UQ North America office.
The UQ North America office in Washington, DC provides an ideal base for visiting UQ staff, academics and alumni. Visitors have access to hot desks, wireless internet, printers, fax and phone in a comfortable and efficient work environment. A large conference room can accommodate 12-15 people, and is an ideal venue for hosting lunches, presentations, meetings or other functions.
If you are planning on travelling to the USA or Canada, the UQ North America team can offer an array of services to value-add to your trip. These include organizing a meeting with key alumni in the USA and Canada, featuring a visiting lecture, or organizing a visit to a partner institution.
Register your travel to North America.
Marketing and Communications assistance
The UQ North America office is able to publish UQ news and events relevant to a North American audience through our website, quarterly e-newsletter and social media pages. If you have something newsworthy, please email us at email@example.com. We can also assist with media and public relations as necessary.
For further information on UQ’s engagement in North America, please visit UQ’s International Intranet and click on “North America”.